Linux (RPM) Changelog
Stuff changes, see exactly what
This is a major update!
- Added alternative earless main UI (Van Gogh mode).
- Added Preferred Protocol support to Network Options.
- Added ROBERT controls to Preferences
- Added login and logout functionality to the CLI app.
- Added log for any code assert statements that are triggered in a release build.
- Added link to Version info entry in preferences to display this change log.
- Added 'factory reset' option to installer.
- Added sticky server list support to keep the altered server list in restricted regions.
- Added TUN/TAP automatic driver reinstallation if removed.
- Added advanced parameter ws-tunnel-test-no-error and allow ws-tunnel-test-attempts to be 0.
- Added trigger to connect/disconnect when Network Whitelist/Auto Connect preferences are changed.
- Added auto-connect toggle to Connection Preferences.
- Added minimize/close-to-tray in Linux.
- Added support for wireguard kernel module on Linux if it's available.
- Added support Wayland compositor on Linux.
- Added support for Arch Linux via zst installer package.
- Updated Preferences UI.
- Updated notifications screen.
- Updated to Qt 6.
- Updated locations tray for better performance / cleaner code.
- Fixed WireGuard service rejects custom config file with no PSK.
- Fixed various routing/firewall issues
- Fixed some tunnel test parameter bugs
- Fixed escape and enter keys not working in settings edit boxes.
- Fixed display scaling issues.
- Fixed incorrect app position during launch on multi-monitor setups.
- Fixed app giving incorrect latencies and best location.
- Fixed unnecessary spam in the debug log.
- Fixed hostname-level exclusive split tunneling.
- Fixed WireGuard connection stalls if Internet access is interrupted for more than 3 minutes.
- Fixed incorrect DPI detection
- Fixed app does not resize correctly when dragging app between different DPI displays.
- Fixed start minimized preference.
- Fixed favorite locations lost after app update from some versions.
- Fixed news feed messages are the wrong width at some display scales.
- Fixed failure of connection to a location via CLI.
- Fixed port forwarding when using the WireGuard protocol.
- Fixed scrolling in news feed and preferences.
- Fixed detection for hanging OpenVPN/Wireguard processes when app starts.
- Fixed installation failure if TAP adapter install fails.
- Fixed DLL search path for the installer to only look in the system path.
- Fixed WireGuard tunnel shutdown if client app terminates unexpectedly (crashes).
- Fixed incorrect Linux DNS manager detection on Fedora 36.
- Fixed no connectivity after waking from suspend with WireGuard and OpenVPN on Fedora 36.
- Removed use of the old method in the ServerLocations API.
- Removed terminate sockets network preference from the Linux app.
- Removed 'check for update failed' notification dialog on unsupported Linux distros (e.g. Arch Linux)
- Same as last Alpha release
- Updated update-systemd-resolved script
- Log server errors when checking for available updates
- Fixed update flow for users without gnome-terminal
- Fixed app crash on Emergency Connect.
- Increased service start wait time to 20 seconds.
- Refactored wireguard connection to avoid blocking engine thread
- Fetch session when app receives focus
- Fixed firewall silently enabling by itself in rare cases
- Use resolvectl instead of systemd-resolve in some cases
- Fixed slow reconnect via WireGuard on Ubuntu in some cases
- Improved DNS manager automatic selection algorithm
- Fixed crash on bad server locations list
- Dynamic Wireguard Interface Allocation Support
- Privilege escalation vulnerability fixed
- Fixed cut off long favorites location names in the tray menu
- Fixed static IPs display issue in tray menu
- Standardized API interaction timers
- Fixed automatic firewall deactivation when account status changes to disabled
- Fixed protocol selection not immediately saved to disk
- Updated app icons in menu bar
- Initial GUI app beta release
- Everything is new
- Known issue: Does not support NetworkManager for DNS manipulation
- Known issue: Does not support ufw
Final release of the CLI app - this version is EOL.
- Custom configs support
- Support for systemd-resolved
- Disables IPv6 to prevent WebRTC leak
- Debug log updates
- AUTH_FAILED and GET_CONFIG timeouts
- Refetch credentials on AUTH_FAILED fix
- Attempt to reconnect forever if internet is down
- Disable UDP protocol when a proxy is configured
- Stunnel log path fix
- Custom Plan info in `windscribe account` output
Open Source Software Attributions